494 Montcrest Place
English Country Estate ~ completely unexpected on the Westside Danville with unobstructed views of Mt. Diablo ~ perched high above the treetops.
From the moment that you approach the circular driveway, you know this is a truly special property. Old World Charm with plaster exterior, stone walkways and gorgeous manicured grounds welcome you.
Mesmerizing, private setting for clients looking for something exclusive and truly unique to the valley …
- Designed by Ken O’Conner to take in the view from every room in this home.
- Features approximately 5966 square feet of interior living space on a picturesque 1.6-acre lot.
- Arched double doors greet you and open to the Grand Living Room with circular staircase and soaring high ceilings with solid fir trusses. Large specialty curved windows and doors line the walls to allow a full-on view of Mt. Diablo from almost every point of the room.
- Entire house has hand-plastered walls and custom finishes with 6 en-suite bedrooms and 6.5 baths. Sixth bedroom is an au pair or in-law unit with a kitchenette and its own separate entrance. Guest room on the main level with full bath with sauna.
- The thick curved walls and plaster provide amazing acoustics and the homeowners have hosted many concerts in the Grand Living Room over the years.
- Hardwood floors throughout the entry, dining room, living room and kitchen.
- Extensive millwork with stained wood moldings, baseboards and custom wainscoting.
- Updated kitchen with high-end stainless appliances including Sub-Zero refrigerator, Gaggenau oven, Russell Range 6-burner gas cooktop, Thermador warming drawer, three sinks, two dishwashers, trash compactor plus custom copper hood. Granite slab countertops and oversized windows to enjoy the rolling hills.
- Double spiral staircase to the second floor and to the top floor with special hide-away, “Rapunzel Room” with full bath.
- Spacious Master Suite with deck to take in the view plus fireplace with two walk-in closets and large soaking tub made of hand-cut marble tiles.
- Family room with floor to ceiling stone fireplace, built-in bar and space for a pool table and card table. Perfect for large scale entertaining.
- Classic construction with arched windows and doors, high-pitched ceilings with tongue and groove detail, solid structural wood beams in many rooms plus window seats, built-in bookcases, balconies and storage closets.
- Immaculately maintained, this home is pristine.
- Oversized three-car garage.
- Three HVAC systems plus generator for the property.
- Then you step outside … to breathtaking views with shaded pergola, pool, spa, decks and full size tennis court plus outdoor bathroom.
- The grounds are spectacular with azaleas, lush plantings, huge oak trees, lawn areas, wrought iron fences and most importantly, endless views.
- Quiet, serene and yet very close to downtown.
For those who want privacy, grandeur and exclusivity …